The Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies is a statutory corporation established in 1940. It is a publicly-funded independent centre for research in basic disciplines.
DIAS at a glance
School of Celtic Studies : investigation, editing, and publication of extant manuscript material in the Irish language and more.
School of Cosmic Physics / Astronomy and Astrophysics Section : research in a range of fields
- Star Formation
- Astroparticle Physics: Gamma Ray Astronomy, X-ray Astronomy and Neutrino Astronomy
- Particle Acceleration Theory, Interstellar Gas Dynamics and Plasma Astrophysics
School of Cosmic Physics / Geophysics Section : performs leading research in Global Seismology and Geodynamics,Marine Geophysics, Renewable Energy, Theoretical Geophysics and Volcano Research. The Section also maintains the Irish National Seismic Network and is also a National Data Centre for the CTBTO.
- Ireland Array – A boradband seismic investigation of Ireland’s evolution, seismicity and new energy resource potential
- IRETHERM – Developing a strategic and holisticunderstanding of Ireland’s geothermal energy potential through integrated modelling of new and existing geophysical and geological data
School of Theoretical Physics : original research into the mathematical principles of physics.
- Dublin Area Quantum Information Science and Technology Group
- Theoretical Particle Physics Group
- Irish Quantum Foundations
- Calculus Course