Dr. David Craig
Dr. David Craig – Technical Officer
Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
5 Merrion Square
Tel: +353-1-653-5147 x278
David is technical officer for the Irish National Seismic Network operated by the geophysics section in DIAS. He also provides technical support for field campaigns involving the sections mobile seismometer pool.
- Ocean generated seismic noise
- Seismic array processing
- Signal separation
- Physics of the Earth, oceans and atmosphere
Qualifications and Experience
- 2007 – 2011:
- B.Sc., Climate and Earth Systems Science, University College Dublin.
- B.Sc., (Climate & Earth System Science) Stage 3 Scholarship for the 2008/2009 Academic Session.
- 2011 – 2016:
- Ph.D student at University College Dublin.
- 2011 – present:
- Research Scientist at Dublin Institute of Advanced Studies.
Moni, A., Craig, D., Bean,C.J. (2013) ‘Separation and location of microseism sources’. Geophysical Research Letters, 40 (12):3118-3122.
Correlation of Wavefield‐Separated Ocean‐Generated Microseisms with North Atlantic Source Regions by: David Craig, Christopher J. Bean, Ivan Lokmer, Martin Möllhoff. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America (17 May 2016), doi:10.1785/0120150181.