The library of the School of Celtic Studies aims to provide the best facilities and materials for the purpose of advanced research in the area of Celtic Studies.
Access the Library catalogue here
The collection of the SCS library covers areas such as
- Celtic languages and linguistics
- Celtic art and archaeology
- Musicology/traditional music
- Palaeography (Latin & Irish)
- Textual criticism
- Grammatical, lexicographical and philological study of Old, Middle and Modern Irish
- Phonetic investigation of existing Irish dialects
- Study of Irish placenames
- Irish social history
The library is a private research facility and is a participating member of ALCID.
The library can be accessed by prior appointment only.
Visitors must adhere to health & safety guidelines.
Please do not visit the library if you have any symptoms of Covid-19.
Contact the librarian for further details or to arrange an appointment.
Librarian: Margaret Irons
Phone – 6140182