The Geophysics Section within DIAS operates and maintains the Irish National Seismic Network (INSN). Seismic data and associated local events in Ireland have been recorded since 1978. The station configuration has varied over the years. Currently there are six permanent broadband seismic recording stations in Ireland: Select a station below to view its current seismic data stream.
- DSB in the Dublin Mountains, operated in collaboration with the GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam (GFZ, Germany)
- VAL, situated at the Valentia Observatory in Caherciveen, County Kerry, is operated in collaboration with Met Eireann
- IGLA in Oughterard, Co. Galway, operated by DIAS
- IDGL on Inch Island, Co. Donegal, operated by DIAS
- IWEX on Carrickbyrne Hill, Co. Wexford, operated by DIAS
- ILTH on the Cooley Peninsula, Co. Louth, operated by DIAS
For further information please continue to our dedicated Irish National Seismic Network (INSN) page.