To protect the welfare of students, scholars and staff at DIAS and in the public interest, DIAS is closed to non-DIAS personnel until further notice. This includes closure of the library at the School of Celtic Studies. All public events have been cancelled.
The library can be contacted by email or phone.
Librarian: Margaret Irons
Phone – 6140182
The library of the School of Celtic Studies aims to provide the best facilities and materials for the purpose of advanced research in the area of Celtic Studies.
Access the Library catalogue here
The collection of the SCS library covers areas such as
- Celtic languages and linguistics
- Celtic art and archaeology
- Musicology/traditional music
- Palaeography (Latin & Irish)
- Textual criticism
- Grammatical, lexicographical and philological study of Old, Middle and Modern Irish
- Phonetic investigation of existing Irish dialects
- Study of Irish placenames
- Irish social history