The School of Celtic Studies is pleased to offer an increasing number of publications online, free of charge. Naturally, all books will continue to be made available in printed form, and we believe these are excellent value. However, we have several aims in providing these electronic editions:
- To raise interest in the field of Celtic Studies in general, to both academics and the general public alike
- To promote wider awareness of, and access to, the work of the School of Celtic Studies
- To allow potential customers to preview publications before buying
Printed editions may be obtained through our online bookshop :
- Saltair na Rann (David Greene, not available in print)
- Vocabulary to Saltair na Rann (Fergus Kelly, not available in print)
- Terms in Indo-European languages for some concepts related to honey, bees and hives (Eva Crane, not available in print)
- Caint Ros Muc — Over ten hours of recordings from Ros Muc, Conamara.
- Gàidhlig Gheàrrloch (Roy G. Wentworth, not available in print)
- Catalogue of Irish Manuscripts in the National Library of Ireland
- The Irish of Iorras Aithneach, Co. Galway (Brian Ó Curnáin, 4 volumes and audio)
- The Parsed Old and Middle Irish Corpus (Elliott Lash)
These publications are in PDF format. You will need a viewer, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, to view them. We would appreciate any feedback you may have on this online version.
For copyright reasons, it may be necessary for us to omit certain parts of a publication, such as images, when those parts have been provided for the printed edition by the generosity of a third party.
Although these online versions are available free of charge, copyright (as detailed below in the copyright statement) is retained in its entirety by the publisher. You may, of course, print out the downloaded copy for personal use.
Copyright in the whole and every part of these publications belongs to the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (School of Celtic Studies), and they may not be used, sold, licensed, transferred, copied, rented or reproduced in whole or in part in any manner or form or in or on any medium by any person other than with the prior written consent of the publisher.