The Astronomy & Astrophysics Section, which evolved from the former Cosmic Ray Section and the Astronomy Section at Dunsink Observatory, carries out research in a range of fields:
- Solar Physics and Space Weather – Prof. Peter T. Gallagher
- Star Formation – Prof. Tom Ray
- Astroparticle and High Energy Astoparticle Physics – Prof. Felix Aharonian
- Planetary Magnetospheres – Prof Caitriona Jackman
- Computational and High Energy Astrophysics – Dr Jonathan Mackey
- Particle Acceleration Theory and Plasma Astrophysics – Emeritus Prof. Luke O’C. Drury
Recent PhD theses submitted by our students are available here.